- Birth Date
- 16 March 1818
- Death Date
- 28 June 1902
John Joseph Harris
John, his wife Mary Ann and their son Thomas Henry crossed the Atlantic on the ship Golconda in 1853. They were from Norwich, Norfolk, England (see ship manifest and the 1851 England and Wales census). With them was Martha Harris (age 32), also from Norfolk; she appears to be John's younger sister because, according to Family Tree, John was the son of George Harris and his wife Susannah Bishop. In the 1851 England and Wales census is a Martha Harris (age 30) who is a daughter of George Harris. Also in George's household is an Elizabeth Bishop, a sister-in-law. John was re-baptized at Salt Lake City (no date.) He paid tithing in the Salt Lake City Third ward in 1856. At the time of the 1860 federal census John and his family were living in Centerville.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- “Joseph W. Young Company report, 1853 September 22.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 34)
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.