- Birth Date
- 19 July 1833
- Death Date
- 30 May 1897
Mary Ann Quinn
The Quinn family traveled from Iowa City to Florence with the Willie company. Most of the family stopped at Florence for a few years except the three eldest daughters. They joined the Martin company at Florence and traveled with that company the remainder of the way to Utah.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
Mary Ann's birth date is shown as 19 July 1834 on her gravestone, but FamilySearch and the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database both show her birth as 19 July 1833, and her death date as 30 May 1897.
At the time of her death, her surname was "Taylor."
- Age at Departure: 22
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- "Called Home." Ephraim Enterprise, 2 June 1897, p. 4
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 8, 76.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, 220.
- Reddick N. Allred journal, 1854 August-1856 November.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.