- Birth Date
- 18 November 1826
- Death Date
- 23 October 1878
William H. Hocking
William was from Cornwall, England. With his wife Jane, he crossed the Atlantic on the ship Jersey in 1853. Both were re-baptized in Utah 29 October of the same year. In the 1856 Utah Territorial census his surname is spelled "Hooking." Other sources spell his surname "Hockins." His name first appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia at Bountiful in 1857.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Head of Household
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Henry Pugh journal excerpts in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1896-2001 July, 1853 July-December, 10 Oct. 1853, 5-28.
- “Joseph W. Young Company report, 1853 September 22.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 34)
- Joseph Young Emigrating Company journal, 1853 February-June.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 22 September 1853, 2.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.