- Birth Date
- 13 February 1826
- Death Date
- 17 October 1879
William H. Waylett
Birth date is confirmed by the missionary register.
William possibly traveled in the 1853 Joseph Young Company with his wife, Sarah Williams. Circumstantial evidence from emigration and church records proves the Waylett family traveled to Utah in 1853. (William was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 5 November 1853.) Further research is needed to conclude the name of the company they traveled with. William and Sarah were married on the Ship Jersey en route to New Orleans from Liverpool on 11 February.
At the end of a mission, William traveled home with the William S. S. Willes Company in 1865, according to Deseret News articles in September 1865.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 39
- Returning Missionary
- 1860 Utah Census, Box Elder County.
- "Captain W. S. S. Willis' Company," Deseret News, 20 September 1865, 403.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007.
- “Joseph W. Young Company report, 1853 September 22.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 34)
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "The Immigration," Semi-Weekly Telegraph, 14 June 1865, 2.
- W. S. Willes letter to Brigham Young, 8 September 1865.