- Birth Date
- 21 December 1828
- Death Date
- 11 September 1906
Circumstantial evidence from emigration, and genealogical records proves Elizabeth traveled to Utah in 1854. She sailed to America in 1854 on the ship Windermere. Elizabeth appears on the PEF ledger with other members of the William Empey (1854) Company, but further research is needed to confirm with which pioneer company she came on to Utah with. The PEF registers show her surname as "Gaboges" and "Gabbatoss."
Elizabeth was married to John Moon Clements on 5 January 1855 in Salt Lake City.
Her surname is spelled "Gabbatoss" on the 1854 ship manifest and "Clements on the 1870 Utah census, death certificate and Find A Grave website.
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1870 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Dalton, Sarah Clements, Biography of Elizabeth Gabbitas Clements, Pioneer, 1.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 115.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 26.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.