- Birth Date
- 1 April 1842
- Death Date
- 1 June 1900
Charles sailed to the United States with his mother Mary and his sister Emma. They departed from Liverpool on the ship Colonist and arrived in New York on October 19, 1848. A few years later, him and his family traveled to Utah in the Moses Clawson Company.
Charles was baptized alongside his sister, Emma, in Salt Lake City on October 2, 1853. In the baptismal record, his name is spelled Clewlly. He was the step-child of Solomon Rossiter.
- Age at Departure: 11
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "St. Louis Company report, 1853 June 30." In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 25)
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.