- Birth Date
- 17 April 1809
- Death Date
- 30 October 1868
The obituary of his son Joseph says that James came to America in 1847 before the rest of his family came. Christina and her children sailed to America in 1850 on the ship Argo. Another child, Mary Elizabeth Cooper, born in 1849, was on the ship with the family, but we have not been able to determine if she survived and came to Utah with the family.
The obituary of his daughter Sarah also confirms his travel to Utah in 1853.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- Cooper, Joseph, History of Joseph Cooper, 1. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- "Deaths. Sarah A. Parker," Salt Lake Telegram, 30 April 1932, p. 5.
- "Funeral Service at Wellsville for Joseph Cooper Sr.," The Journal, 31 May 1928, p. 1, 2.
- Moses Daley Freight Company journal, 1853 September.
- "St. Louis Company report, 1853 June 30." In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 25)