- Birth Date
- 3 February 1844
- Death Date
- 17 May 1928
Joseph Guest Cooper
Christina and her children sailed to America in 1850 on the ship Argo. Another child, Mary Elizabeth Cooper, born in 1849, was on the ship with the family, but we have not been able to determine if she survived and came to Utah with the family.
Joseph initially came to the Valley with his family in 1853. However, several years later he crossed the plains again, this time as an out-and-back teamster for the 1866 Nebeker company.
- Age at Departure: 9
- Age at Departure: 22
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- Cooper, Joseph, [Autobiography], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 7:134-35.
- Cooper, Joseph, History of Joseph Cooper, 1. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Funeral Service at Wellsville for Joseph Cooper Sr.," The Journal, 31 May 1928, p. 1, 2.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "St. Louis Company report, 1853 June 30." In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 25)