- Birth Date
- 25 September 1835
- Death Date
- 13 September 1910
David is the son of Holland and Sarah Cooper. He emigrated from England with his mother, sister, and brother. They sailed on the Manchester and arrived in New York on 14 May 1861. As of now, there is no documentation that specifically states which company he came with to Utah. However, local church financial records state that his brother George traveled in the Eldredge Company of 1861. It is highly likely that he came to Utah then. The first documentation to place him in Utah is his marriage in 1870, and the 1870 census.
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1841 England and Wales Census.
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 Utah Census, Cache County.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Idaho Census
- 1910 Idaho Census
- England, Cheshire Bishop's Transcripts, 1598-1900
- England, Cheshire Parish Registers, 1538-2000
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].