- Birth Date
- 14 May 1846
- Death Date
- 24 April 1912
Charles Henry West
He initially came to the Valley with his parents in 1853. Several years later, he crossed the plains again, this time as a teamster for the 1866 Chipman out-and-back company from the Pleasant Grove Ward.
In general, secondary and indirect evidence confirm family tradition that Charles was born 14 May 1846.
- Age at Departure: 7
- Age at Departure: 20
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- Captain Henry Chipman's Train, Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts, 1861-1868.
- Derbyshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, 1813-1916
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 296.
- New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1963.
- William H. Chipman notebook, 1866.