- Birth Date
- 9 October 1835
- Death Date
- 5 October 1920
Hans Olin Hansen
His given name is "Olin" in Journal History and in the Larsen journal. On the Benjamin Adams ship manifest, his name is listed as "Hans Odin Hansen." His name is listed as "Hans Olien Hansen" on his death certificate.
Hans initially traveled to the Valley in 1854. However, after serving a mission in Scandinavia, he made another trip across the plains in 1861 with the Samuel A. Wooley company. In that company, he served as a captain of ten and captain of the guard.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 25
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Jenson, Andrew, History of the Scandinavian Mission, 154.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 22 September 1861, 2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1854, 8.
- Larsen, Christian J., Journal, 1851-1914, fd. 1, 93-96.
- Larsen, Christian John, Journal 1851-1914, vol. 5 (translation), 198-202.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 337.
- Woolley, Samuel Amos, Diaries, 1846-1899, reel #1, box 1, fd. 3, vol. 9.