- Birth Date
- 1 August 1803
- Death Date
- 27 October 1869
Christen Jensen Olsen
The Olsen family traveled separately in three groups to the Salt Lake Valley because they didn’t have the funds to all travel together. First, James Olsen traveled without his parents or siblings in 1853 with the John E. Forsgren Company. He sailed to America on the Jesse Munn in 1853.
His parents, Christen Jensen and Ann Nielsen, and his siblings Niels Christian, Else Marie, and Methe Kristine sailed from Liverpool on the Jesse Munn in 1854. In St. Louis, Methe died of Cholera. The rest of the family traveled with the Hans Peter Olsen Company to the Salt Lake Valley.
The remaining sisters Caroline Karen Marie, Christine, and Nicolina sailed on the Westmoreland in 1857. They traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Christian Christiansen Company in 1857.
- Age at Departure: 50
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah Census, Box Elder County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1077.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1854, 9.
- New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1963.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of Members.