- Birth Date
- 17 June 1821
- Death Date
- 24 October 1865
Hans Peter Olsen
Evidence from church records proves that Hans traveled to Utah in 1851. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company he traveled with. He was also known as "George Piercy."
At the end of a mission, he traveled home as Captain of the Hans Peter Olsen Company in 1854 as indicated in Jens Hansen’s autobiographical sketch and diary.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Age at Departure: 32
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Dalley, Johanne Bolette, Reminiscences, 3. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Empey, William to Brigham Young, 23 June 1854, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, box 23, fd. 12.
- Hans Jensen reminiscences and diary, 1867-1910, 4-5, 18-20.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, Supplement after 31 December 1854, 7.
- Jens Hansen autobiographical sketch, undated, 6-8.
- “Mette Catherine Jesperson Jones Peterson,” In Merrill Nelson Collection, (MS 22294, Folder 1).
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, 21.
- Twede, Christian Frederick Nielsen, Autobiography 1886-1897, 27-30.