- Birth Date
- 24 November 1844
- Death Date
- 2 April 1915
A non-contemporary typescript list in Journal History (Supplement after 31 Dec. 1854, 15) misidentifies him as "Jacob."
His travel to Utah is also mentioned in his brother's obituary.
- Age at Departure: 9
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- "Deaths," Salt Lake Telegram, 20 March 1934, 9.
- "James Armstrong Laid at Rest," The Ephraim Enterprise , 10 Apr. 1915, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1854, 15.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 299
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.