- Birth Date
- 21 January 1825
- Death Date
- 11 April 1874
Robert Lang Campbell
Robert, his wife Mary and nephew Alexander sailed to America in 1854 on the ship John M. Wood.
Served as a Historian in the 1848 company.
Served as Captain of the company in 1854.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Age at Departure: 29
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Campbell, Robert, to Brigham Young, 21 Aug. 1854, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 32, box 23, fd. 11.
- Campbell, Robert L., [Journal extracts, 30 June-19 Oct. 1848], in Historian's Office, Journal 1844-1997.
- Early Missionary Database
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration," St. Louis Luminary , 2 Dec. 1854, 6.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 17.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1854, 13.
- Marie M. Cardon Guild correspondence, 1898-1913, 1964, Folder contents: (1) Correspondence and autobiographical information, undated, 1964.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 154.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 79.
- Pioneer emigration list 1847-1848, 51, in Docket book 1844 Feb.-1845 May.
- Richards, Willard, to Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball, 10 Sept. 1848, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 55, box 41, fd. 28.
- Robert Campbell company report, 1854 August 22, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Scotland Marriages, 1561-1910.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Watt, Ronald G., Consecration Deeds Index, 1854-1868.