- Birth Date
- About 1836
- Death Date
Hamilton's surname is spelled in various ways. In the Reminiscences and Diary of Arthur Pendry Welchman he is Hamilton "Stuart," an eighteen-year-old "Scotchman." In the records of the Dalry Branch, Glasgow Conference, British Mission is the following notation: "Hamilton Stewart . . . removed to the Valley" on 24 February 1853. In the records of the Perpetual Emigrating Fund he is Hamilton "Stewart" but in the 1856 Utah census Hamilton "Stuart" is in the Salt Lake City 11th Ward. On 18 May 1857 Hamilton "Stewart" consecrated $175.00 to the L. D. S. Church. The Salt Lake City tax lists for 1859 and 1860 include Hamilton "Stewart" of the 13th Ward; and he is listed under this name in the Directory of Individuals Residing in Salt Lake City Wards, 1854-1861.
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- 1856 Utah Census.
- Arthur P. Welchman reminiscences, 1903, 69-77.
- Arthur P. Welchman reminiscences and diary, circa 1854-1917, Volume 1, 14-25.
- Directory of Individuals Residing in Salt Lake City Wards, 1854-1861 , Bountiful, UT.: Accelerated Indexing Systems, 1982 (Early Mormon Series), vol. 1.
- Jackson, Ronald Vern, Salt Lake City, Utah, Tax List 1854-61, Salt Lake City, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems, Inc.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 86.