- Birth Date
- 8 April 1827
- Death Date
- 24 January 1895
The Groo family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the William Field Company in 1854. The Groo family included Isaac and Sarah Elizabeth Gillett, and their children, George Washington, Byron, and Orson Hyde. Also in the company was Sarah’s family, the Gilletts. Isaac was a Captain of Ten.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Alder, Lydia D., "Reminiscences of the Pioneers of 1854," Improvement Era, July 1908, 708-13.
- Andrew Jenson, "Groo, Isaac," Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia, Volume 3 (Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson History Company, 1971), 93.
- Groo, Isaac, Diary, 1854 Apr.-[Sept]. MS 1003 fd 2.
- Hodgert, Robert, [Journal], in Robert Hodgert: Pioneer Ancestor [198-?], 30-32.
- Orson F. Whitey, History of Utah: in Four Volumes, Volume 4 (Salt Lake City, Utah: George Q. Cannon & Sons Co., Publishers, 1904), 342.