- Birth Date
- 20 September 1824
- Death Date
- 21 May 1867
He came with his wife and three children, Thomas and Ellen Fenn from his wife's first marriage, and their son Alferd Robert Hodgert. The sailed to America in 1852 on the ship Kennebeck. The family eventually left the Field company and joined a company led by Isaac Groo.
He was a returning missionary from England.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 37
- Returning Missionary
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Groo, Isaac, Diary, 1854 Apr.-[Sept]. MS 1003 fd 2.
- Hodgert, Robert, [Journal], in Robert Hodgert: Pioneer Ancestor [198-?], 30-32.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Mrs. Ellen Fenn Savage, Utah Pioneer, Is Dead," Salt Lake Telegram, 8 Apr. 1925, 2.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Young, Joseph W., "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.