- Birth Date
- 13 January 1849
- Death Date
- 29 November 1925
Though his name does not appear on the emigrant list published in the Deseret News, his sister, Harriet's does. They were on the ship together. Pioneers and Prominent Men also confirms he traveled with the Chipman company.
More research is needed to confirm George's date of birth. However, the 1851 Census and an entry in the collection "England and Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index," at FamilySearch.org indicate that he was born in 1849.
- Age at Departure: 17
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 627.
- Lehi Ward, Record of Members. CR 375 8, Reel 3599.
- Portrait, Genealogical and Biographical Record of the State of Utah (Chicago: National Historical Record Co., 1902), 225.
- "Sugar Official, Ex-Mayor Dies," Deseret News, 30 November 1925, sec. 2, p. 1.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.