- Birth Date
- 14 May 1850
- Death Date
- 14 December 1884
The 1855 Chimborazo ship manifest and company roster show the family's surname as "Davies," as does Family Tree. His gravestone inscription shows his name as "Rees Davis."
The Davies family came from Wales on the ship, Chimboroza in 1855. The family consisted of father: Rees William, mother Margaret and children: Gwenlillian, Mary Jane, John, Rees, and Catherine.
- Age at Departure: 5
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 6th Company of 50 report, 1855, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 114.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Wales Births and Baptisms, 1541-1907.