- Birth Date
- 20 January 1834
- Death Date
- 4 January 1922
She sailed to America with two siblings in 1855 on the ship Chimborazo. The ship manifest shows that she was a "spinster." FamilySearch has her married to William Fotheringham in 1855 in Scotland, but he had been serving in mission in India, which didn't end that until December 1855. Therefore, they were married in Utah. Church ordinance records indicate that she was likely married in 1856.
Her name is shown as "Elizabeth Hardy" on the Perpetual Emigration Fund records. The "6th Company of 50 report" shows her surname as "Hardee."
Her death certificate confirms her death date, and the inscription on her gravestone confirms both her birth and death dates.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Head of Household
- 6th Company of 50 report, 1855.
- Find a Grave
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 108.
- “Pioneer Woman of Beaver Dies at the Age of 87,” Beaver County News, 13 January 1922.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.