- Birth Date
- 10 December 1838
- Death Date
- 3 February 1912
Because the name James Hughes appears singularly on PEF Ledger A, is has been attached to this personal page, however there is a possibility the James Hughes cited on PEF Ledger A is actually the father of this James Hughes'. James' father (also named James Hughes) died prior to travel. Although his name still appears on PEF Ledger B with the rest of the Hughes family, there is a notation stating he died in St. Louis, prior to travel (see PEF Ledger B, p. 120).
- Age at Departure: 16
- 6th Company of 50 report, 1855.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Old Pioneer Gone," Washington County News, 8 February 1912, 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Company, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 120.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 179.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Wales, Pembrokeshire, Parish Registers, 1538-1912.
- Wales Births and Baptisms, 1541-1907.