- Birth Date
- 29 July 1825
- Death Date
- 23 August 1874
First came to Utah in 1855.
In 1868, company records indicate he was traveling with his wife and child. It is uncertain who that child was. Their first documented child was George Edward. Most records indicate he was born in Utah in early 1869, which would have been after his parents arrived in the Valley. Either George Edward's birth place and date have been recorded inaccurately, or there is another child that has not been accounted for.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Age at Departure: 43
- Head of Household
- 6th Company of 50 report, 1855.
- "Died," Deseret News, 2 September 1874, 493.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret Evening News, 17 August 1868, 2.
- Matthew Rowan autobiography and journals, circa 1848-1863.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.