- Birth Date
- 25 December 1801
- Death Date
- 16 April 1887
Elizabeth Leyshon Rees
Elizabeth Leyshon Evans
Married to William Rees Sr., traveled to Utah with her husband, three sons (William Jr, David, and Joseph), daughter-in-law (Elizabeth Covington Rees) and grandchild, John Laramie Rees. After her husband became dissatisfied with the Church, she went back to Wales with him (sometime after 1857) and all but son David. She returned to Utah alone, a few years later, probably in 1860 as there is record of her again in the 15th Ward records on 19 May 1861. They came on the ship Chimborazo in 1855.
Her husband became discontented and took the family back to Wales only a few years after arriving in the Valley, but Elizabeth returned in 1860 and spent the rest of her life in Utah.
- Age at Departure: 53
- Age at Departure: 58
- 1851 Wales Census.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 6th Company of 50 report, 1855, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Fifteenth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Rees, Joseph Alexander. A Biography of Joseph A. Rees.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah County, Utah Cemetery Index.