- Birth Date
- 14 August 1840
- Death Date
- 21 March 1922
Joseph Alexander Rees
Came on the ship, Chimborazo in 1855.
This was Joseph’s second trip to Utah from Wales. He originally came with his family members in the Charles A. Harper Company (1855), but when his father became dissatisfied a couple years later, the whole family, except for brother David, returned to Wales. Joseph's mother left Wales again to return to Salt Lake in 1860 and Joseph followed her alone the next year, traveling on the ship Manchester across the ocean. Further research is need to identify the name of the overland company he traveled with the second time. Ordinances are performed in the 15th Ward on 9 April 1855 and 5 May 1862.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Age at Departure: 20
- 1851 Wales Census.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- 1861 Wales Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "6th Company of 50 report, 1855." In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 41)
- Fifteenth Ward, Record of Members.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 93.
- Rees, Joseph Alexander. A Biography of Joseph A. Rees.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah Death Certificates.