- Birth Date
- 23 April 1828
- Death Date
- 23 January 1889
Robert Bald Sneddon
Robert was from Scotland. He crossed the Atlantic on the ship North Atlantic in 1850 landing at New Orleans; he is listed as a "miner" on the ship's records. He did not cross the plains until 1855 when he borrowed money from the Perpetual Emigrating Fund (according to Fund records this was to cover his costs from St. Louis to Salt Lake City only. At the time of the 1860 Utah census he was living in the Salt Lake City 20th Ward.
- Age at Departure: 27
- 1860 Utah census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- "6th Company of 50 report, 1855." In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 41)
- "Died," Salt Lake Herald, 24 January 1889, 1.
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 140.