- Birth Date
- 1 November 1822
- Death Date
Rebaptized in the Thirteenth Ward on 1 April 1857.
He was born in Ireland, moved to England (where he likely joined the Church), then in 1850 was sent back to Ireland to help establish the Church in Dublin. He, and several others, was released from his mission in December 1854 and given permission to emigrate.
Emigration records indicated that he was a sailor by trade (Saints by Sea mistranscribed his profession as "Tailor").
- Age at Departure: 32
- 6th Company of 50 report, 1855.
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Matthew Rowan autobiography and journals, circa 1848-1863.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "Sixth Company--P. E. F. Co.--C. A. Harper, Captain," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 215.
- Thirteenth Ward record of members, 1841-1890