- Birth Date
- 3 August 1801
- Death Date
- 3 May 1887
The Colborn family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Heber C. Kimball Company in 1848. The family consisted of Thomas and Sarah Bower and their daughters Sarah Matilda and Rosina. Their daughter Hannah Miranda traveled with the Brigham Young Company in 1848. Further research is needed to determine which company their daughter Amanda Amelia traveled with, or if she traveled to the Salt Lake Valley at all.
At the end of the mission, Thomas traveled home with the Isaac Allred Freight Train in 1855.
In some sources his surname is spelled “Colburn.” His death date is confirmed by his obituary.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Age at Departure: 53
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 7th Company of 50 report, 1855 July.
- "A Veteran Gone," Ogden Herald , 5 May 1887, 4.
- Brigham Young Hampton autobiography, 71-73, in Brigham Young Hampton, Papers, 1870-1901.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 13.
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 1, 1855 April-1856 April 27.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 110-115.