- Birth Date
- 3 November 1799
- Death Date
- 9 September 1855
Hans, the father, came with his wife Johanna and three children: Christian, Anne and Dorothea on the ship, James Nesmith in 1854.
Wife of Hans. Johanna's daughter, Annie Catherine, wrote: "After crossing Green River, we had not travelled very far when my mother was bit on the wrist by a scorpion or poisonous insect of some kind. Her arm began to swell until it went up in her body. She was very sick all the rest of the journey until one evening we reached Salt Lake Valley and my mother passed away the next morning. . . ."
- Age at Departure: 54
- 2nd Company of 50 reports, 1855 May 31.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 7 September 1855, 4, 8.
- Olsen, Annie Cathrine Christensen, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 22:18-20.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 349.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America