- Birth Date
- 5 October 1839
- Death Date
- 11 July 1915
Robert initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Abraham O. Smoot - George B. Wallace Company in 1847. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
His birth and death dates are also confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 7
- Age at Departure: 17
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- "Death of a Pioneer of '47," Deseret Evening News, 13 July 1915, 11.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- James Smithies diary, 1846-1859, 3A-6A, 6B-19A.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 38.