- Birth Date
- 4 August 1844
- Death Date
- 18 May 1923
Niels Pedersen Christensen
Niels initially arrived in the Valley in 1857, traveling with his mother, stepfather, and brother. In 1868, he is seen on the plains again, this time as an out-and-back teamster for the Doddle Company. Clare B. Christensen, Niels' grandson, heard his grandfather's pioneer experiences first hand and recorded them. The relevant information about his 1868 experience as an out and back teamster may be found on page 4 of the "History."
- Age at Departure: 12
- Age at Departure: 23
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1880 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Hansen, Martin, “A Synopsis or Sketch of My Life,” 9-10.
- "Neils Christensen, American Fork Pioneer, Drops Dead in Field," Deseret News, 19 May 1923, 3.
- "Niels Christensen," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.