- Birth Date
- 28 June 1838
- Death Date
- 18 May 1919
Son of Erastus and Jerusha Avery. He was included on the company roster. His birth and death dates are confirmed by the dates recorded on his death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 16
- 1900 Utah Census.
- “1st Company of 50 report, 1855.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 36)
- Autobiography of Jemima E. Stookey written by her at Logan, Utah, in 1891 transcribed by Gwenevere Anderson Stookey and Rondo W. Anderson (Clover Utah, 1971), 19-22.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Warnick, Irvin Leroy, Warnick, Irvin Leroy, Our Own Sevier: A Comprehensive Centennial Volume, Sevier County, Utah, 1865-1965 232.