- Birth Date
- 15 March 1814
- Death Date
- 4 June 1890
According to a personal account, William emigrated to the United States in 1840 on the ship Clifton. More research is required to confirm that information. His wife, Jane (who died in Illinois), and children emigrated to the United States two years later (1842) on the ship Hanover. This information has been confirmed using Mormon Migration records.
According to his autobiography, William Marsden traveled with his wife and children. His autobiography states that the Marsden family arrived at Salt Lake City on September 3, 1855 which was the same arrival date as the Hindley company. His nephew, Thomas Yardley, also traveled with the Marsden family.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Head of Household
- 45th Quorum, Biographies, 1857, vol. 1, in Seventies quorum, records 1844-1975.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Marsden, William, Autobiography and record book, 1874-1889, 10.
- Marsden, William, The History of Wm. Marsden Is Told In His Own Words. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- "Obituary," Deseret Evening News, 16 June 1890, .