- Birth Date
- 1 December 1824
- Death Date
- 25 December 1865
John initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with an unknown company in 1850. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
According to the company's roster, John also traveled overland with the John Hindley Company in 1855 as a Captain of Ten.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Age at Departure: 31
- Age at Departure: 30
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1st Company of 50 report, 1855, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 3 September 1855, 3.
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- William Knox journals, 1847-1864.