- Birth Date
- 25 March 1829
- Death Date
- 22 May 1889
He traveled with his wife, Jemima, and their children. Birth date is confirmed by the missionary register and his death date is confirmed by his burial records.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Head of Household
- “1st Company of 50 report, 1855.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 36)
- Autobiography of Jemima E. Stookey written by her at Logan, Utah, in 1891 transcribed by Gwenevere Anderson Stookey and Rondo W. Anderson (Clover Utah, 1971), 19-22.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 3 September 1855, 3.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.