- Birth Date
- 22 October 1798
- Death Date
- 22 April 1877
His name was included on the company roster, along with his sons. Of the three men, Jefferson was the only one who stayed in Utah and did not ultimately return to Massachusetts. Family tradition claims that Asa, his wife, and son were going to visit their daughter, Esther, who lived in Utah.
- Age at Departure: 24
- “1st Company of 50 report, 1855.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 36)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 3 September 1855, 4.
- Massachusetts, Births and Christenings, 1639-1915.
- Massachusetts Deaths, 1841-1915.