- Birth Date
- 19 March 1814
- Death Date
- 10 April 1891
Sarah Rebecca King
Sarah Rebecca Copp
The King family is seen in the 1850 Iowa census, enumerated on 4 October 1850. First documentation to place them in the Valley is Thomas' rebaptism in the Utah Stake City Ward on 1 January 1852, proving that they traveled to Utah in 1851. Leander King's obituary confirms the family's year of travel. Further research is needed to identify the name of the company they traveled with.
- Age at Departure: 36
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- "Pioneer of Provo Dies: Leander King, Well-Known Provo Fisherman, Responds to Last Summons," Provo Herald, January 1925.
- Provo Utah Central Stake general minutes, 1849-1977, Volume 9, 1849-1858, 1866-1872 (Utah Stake City Branch record of members).
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.