- Birth Date
- 24 March 1832
- Death Date
- 28 July 1928
His is the brother of Elizabeth Lamont Sperry, who also traveled in this pioneer company with her daughter.
Harrison initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Jedediah M. Grant - Willard Snow Company in 1847. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church who were stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Age at Departure: 24
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 36.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Pioneer of 1847 to Play for Ward Dance January 8," Salt Lake Telegram, 3 January 1926, 17.
- "Pioneers of '47 Meet for Their Annual Celebration," Salt Lake Telegram, 24 July 1914, 31.
- Sperry, Harrison, "Pioneers of 1847 Recount Experiences of the Journey Across the Plains and Life in the Old Forts in the Valley," Deseret Evening News , 14 Aug. 1920, sec. IV, p. 7.
- Sperry, Harrison, Papers, 1919-1926, fd. 1, 1-2.
- Utah Death Certificates.