- Birth Date
- 25 August 1805
- Death Date
- 1 February 1888
James, his wife Elizabeth and children Ann, Margaret, Alexander, Hannah, Elizabeth, Mary, William, Joseph, Peter, Robert and David sailed to America in 1855 on the ship S. Curling.
His travel to Utah is mentioned in his wife's obituary.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- Elizabeth Boyack (Age: 50)
- Ann Boyack (Age: 26)
- Margaret Boyack (Age: 23)
- Alexander Boyack (Age: 22)
- Hannah Boyack (Age: 20)
- Elizabeth Boyack (Age: 17)
- Mary Mealmaker Boyack (Age: 15)
- William Mealmaker Boyack (Age: 13)
- Joseph Gibson Boyack (Age: 13)
- Peter Fenton Boyack (Age: 11)
- David Doig Boyack (Age: 8)
- Robert Mathew Boyack (Age: 8)
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Names of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 October 1855, 5.
- "Obituary," Deseret News [Weekly], 29 Dec. 1886, 800.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 159.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 308.