- Birth Date
- 27 January 1813
- Death Date
- 26 September 1891
George Wilcox Burridge
George, his wife Hannah and children Charlotte and Thomas sailed to America in 1855 on the ship S. Curling.
Birth date is confirmed by the missionary register.
According to his diary and autobiography, George initially traveled from England to the Salt Lake Valley with his pregnant wife, Hannah Shaw, and children, Charlotte, and Thomas in the Milo Andrus Company in 1855.
According to the life sketch that his youngest daughter, Pauline Burridge Needo, wrote about her father, George was called to serve a mission in Britain in 1867. At the end of that mission, George traveled home with the John Gillespie Company in 1868, as indicated in John Gillespie’s Account Book.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 55
- Returning Missionary
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Burridge, George Wilcox, Autobiographical sketch, Tooele Stake, High Priest Quorum Genealogical Records, early-1925, reel 7018, 41, in Record of Members Collection 1836-1970.
- Burridge, George Wilcox, Diaries, 1852-1891, 6.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Gillespie, John, Account book 1868.
- Jenson, Andrew, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 4:646.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Names of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 October 1855, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 163.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 138.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.