- Birth Date
- 20 May 1825
- Death Date
- 29 October 1902
Carl Christian Amussen
Carl Christian Asmussen
His surname is spelled "Asmussen" or "Assmussen" in some sources, including Early Mission records. However, FamilySearch shows his surname and that of his children as "Amussen." Records of his children also show their father's surname as "Amussen," as does the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
Carl is found in the Deseret News in a list of individuals in the William S. S. Willes Company that left from Wyoming in 1865.
Carl is on a list of Saints that left Laramie, Wyoming with the William S. Seeley Company in 1868, he went to Europe on business.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Age at Departure: 43
- "Captain W. S. S. Willis' Company," Deseret News, 20 September 1865, 403.
- "Correspondence: William Seeley letter to George Q. Cannon," Deseret Evening News, 19 August 1868.
- Hals, Hans Jensen, Journal, in Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 25 Sep. 1868, 18-21.
- Missionary Database
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.