- Birth Date
- 19 May 1843
- Death Date
- 15 November 1925
Ellen and her children sailed to America in 1855 on the ship S. Curling.
Benjamin initially traveled to the Valley in 1855 with his mother and siblings. His travel to Utah is mentioned in his brother's obituary. As an adult, he crossed the plains again as a teamster for the 1866 Thompson out-and-back company.
- Age at Departure: 12
- Age at Departure: 23
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- "Another Pioneer Passes the Great Beyond," Deseret Evening News, 29 December 1909, 7.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Captain Daniel Thompson's (of Fillmore) Company." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book 1866 1868.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 118.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.