- Birth Date
- 21 March 1828
- Death Date
- 3 May 1916
William Henry Atwell
William and Martha arrived in New York on 31 May 1865 via the Belle Wood. Although William is the only name listed on the overland company records, as head of household, the notation that he purchased 2 adult food rations indicates that Martha was with him during this part of the journey as well.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 342.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.