- Birth Date
- 20 January 1828
- Death Date
- 2 April 1891
Edmund Orson Wattis
The Wattis family sailed to America in 1842 on the ship Chaos. The ship manifest shows his name as "Edward Watts."
His given name is "Edward" in both the Journal History and his obituary. He was re-baptized in the Salt Lake Valley on 20 February 1848 and in 1857 and 1861 his name appears in the Utah Territorial Militia records at Ogden. At the time of the 1860 federal census he was living in Kaysville, Davis County, Utah. He was from England.
- Age at Departure: 19
- 1860 Utah Census, Davis County.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 37.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "Sudden Death of an Old Timer," Ogden Daily Standard, 3 April 1891, 1.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.