- Birth Date
- 13 December 1825
- Death Date
- 30 March 1917
Martin, his wife Eliza and son Augusta sailed to America in 1855 on the ship Chimborazo.
Traveled with his wife and one child. Evidence that he came in 1855 is confirmed in information found in Church financial records.
Their surname is spelled "Stack" on the ship and his given name is spelled "Marten" on the 1860 Utah census.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Iron County.
- Martin Slack diary, 1851-1858, 25.
- "Names of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 October 1855, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 202.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, 104.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.