- Birth Date
- 7 March 1805
- Death Date
- 11 April 1888
Silas Parker Barnes
In the 1850 census of Boston, Massachusetts are Silas P. Barnes, his wife "Olivia" (Olive) and their children: Sarah E., Ferdinand, "Marcellus," "Ignatious" and Watson. According to a reminiscense written by Watson the family emigrated to Utah in 1851. Silas appearst in Lehi, Utah in the 1852 Bishop's Report. He served as the first Mayor of Lehi from 1853 to 1854. In December 1854 he sold a parcel of land in Salt Lake City and in the 1860 federal census he and his family were in Yolo County, California. It was here that Silas eventually died.
- Age at Departure: 45
- Head of Household
- 1850 census, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Gardner, Hamilton. History of Lehi: Including a Biographical Section (Salt Lake City: The Lehi Pioneer Committee, 1913), 337-339.
- Jenson, Andrew, "Lehi, Utah Co., Utah," in Encyclopedic History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 1941, 424.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Deed book A, 1850-1859.