- Birth Date
- 1 January 1817
- Death Date
- 14 July 1894
William, his wife Hannah, children George, Mary Ann, Levi, Sarah, Ellen and Alice Cockle sailed to America in 1855 on the ship Siddons.
He came with wife and 5 children. Evidence that he came in 1855 is confirmed in information found in Church financial records. His birth and death dates are confirmed by the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
Page 29 of the Rosel Hyde, notebook, 1863 shows William Webster's name. The 1863 Rosel Hyde pioneer company was an out-and-back company and many teamsters went east with this company to help saints who were coming to Utah. William came to Utah in 1855 and was likely a teamster with the Hyde company. He was from Kaysville, and several of the teamsters were from that area. His son George was also in this company.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- Find a Grave
- "Names of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 October 1855, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 207.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 88.
- Rosel Hyde notebook, 1863.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "The Dead," Deseret News, 11 August 1894, 256.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.