- Birth Date
- 1 January 1817
- Death Date
- 14 July 1894
William, his wife Hannah, children George, Mary Ann, Levi, Sarah, Ellen and Alice Cockle sailed to America in 1855 on the ship Siddons.
He came with wife and 5 children. Evidence that he came in 1855 is confirmed in information found in Church financial records. His birth and death dates are confirmed by the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Names of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 October 1855, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 207.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 88.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "The Dead," Deseret News, 11 August 1894, 256.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.