- Birth Date
- 13 September 1817
- Death Date
- 5 August 1873
Moses traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with his wife Lucy Jane Leonard with the Jedediah M. Grant/Willard Snow Company in 1847. In 1855, Moses traveled to the Salt Lake Valley as the captain of the Moses Thurston Company.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Age at Departure: 37
- Company Captain
- "5th Company of 50 report, 1855 August 22." in Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855.
- "Fifth Company of Emigration" 3 July 1855, in 5th Company of 50 reports, 1855 August 22, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862.
- Horsley, William. History of William Horsley: A Sketch of My Experience, 4. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 34.
- Salt Lake City Death Records
- Thurston, Moses, Autobiographical sketch, in 26th Quorum, Biographies, 1845-1891, vol. 1, 514, in Seventies Quorum, Records, 1844-1975, reel 79.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.