- Birth Date
- 7 August 1841
- Death Date
- 6 January 1932
Because the name John Bird appears singularly in the PEF Ledger, is has been attached to this personal page, however there is a possibility the John Bird cited in the PEF Ledger is actually the father of this John Bird. John's father (also named John Bird) died prior to travel. Although his name still appears on PEF Ledger B with the rest of the Bird family, it has been confirmed that he did not cross the plains (see "Names of Deceased P.E.Fund Passengers" source).
- Age at Departure: 13
- 4th Company of 50 report, 1855 June, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007.
- Idaho Death Certificates, 1911-1937
- "Names of Deceased P. E. Fund Passengers, June 1855." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 161.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 78.