- Birth Date
- 7 November 1802
- Death Date
- 13 February 1877
William S. Sellwood
William was from Bucklebury, Berkshire, England. He, his wife Elizabeth Ann and their son W. M. Sellwood crossed the Atlantic to New Orleans on the ship Eruis Queen in 1848. William's name first appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia at West Jordan in 1852 and this is where his name appears in the 1852 Bishop's Report as well. He was rebaptized in the West Jordan Ward on 3 April 1853 but by the time of the 1860 federal census William and Elizabeth were living in Tooele, Utah. This is also where William paid tithing in 1866.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Tooele County.
- "Died," Deseret Evening News, 19 February 1877, 3.
- "Died," Deseret News, 28 February 1877, 51.
- New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1963.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- West Jordan Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.